This Page will have a selection of Old Irish Blessings. It is diffiult to catagorise these Irish Blessings, the subject matter may be anything at all. Traditionally the Irish people are rich in culture and language and we have sayings and old Irish Blessings for every occasion.
(1) May the sun shine all day long, everything go right, and nothing go wrong.
(2) Cocks crow in the morn and tell us to rise, He who lies late will never be wise, For early to bed and early to rise, Makes man healthy wealthy and wise.
(3) The boy and girl who love yo learn,When life flows by like a song, But the man worthwhile is the one who will smile. When everything goes dead wrong.
(4) One thing life thaught me-, If you are interested, You never have to look for new interests, They come to you.
(5) If with pleasure, you are viewing, Any work a man is doing, If you like him or you love him, Tell him now, Do not wait till life is over, And he is underneath the clover, Tell him now, For he cannot read the tombstone when he’s dead.
(6) Help theweak if you are strong, Love the old if you are young, Own a fault if you are wrong, If you are angry hold your tongue.
(7) Snowflakes are one of natures most fragile things, But just look what they can do when they stick together.
(8) Asking For Gods Help – O King of brightness and the sun, Who knows our worth, Be with us every day, Be with us every night, Be with us every night and day, Be with us every day and night.
(9) A Mother’s Blessing– The great God between, Your two shoulder blades, To protect you in your going and returning, The son of the Virgin Mary, Be close to your heart, And the perfect Holy Spirit, Be keeping an eye on you.
(10) May you always walk in sunshine. May you never want for more.
May Irish angels rest their wings right beside your door.
(11) May God grant you many years to live, For sure He must be
knowing. The earth has angels all too few, And heaven is
(12) Lucky stars above you, Sunshine on your way, Many friends to love you, Joy in work and play- Laughter to outweigh each care, In your heart a song- And gladness waiting everywhere All your whole life long.
(13) You’ve blessed me with friends and laughter and fun With rain that’s as soft as the light from the sun- You’ve blessed me with the stars to brighten each night You’ve give me help to know wrong from right You’ve give me so much please, Lord give me too A heart that is always grateful to you.
(14) Whenever there is happiness, Hope you’ll be there
Wherever there are friendly smiles, Hope they’ll smile on
Whenever there is sunshine, Hope it shine especially
For you to make each day for you
As bright as it can be.